A vibrant beachside destination with a city rhythm, Takapuna encompasses the best of everything – a relaxed beach atmosphere, designer shopping, a thriving hospitality scene with a huge variety of cafés, restaurants and bars with simply stunning views out across the Hauraki Gulf to the iconic Rangitoto Island.
Walk the historic ‘lava’ trail along the beach foreshore, paddle board or kayak at the beach or choose to relax by Lake Pupuke, Auckland’s only fresh water lake. Stroll the Sunday markets, take in a live show, enjoy the hospitality and stay close by. Love Takapuna!
Top 10 things to do
1. Takapuna Beach
2. 150 places to eat or drink
3. Shop for something special
4. ‘Lava trail’ between Takapuna and Milford
5. All-abilities Takapuna Beach Playground
6. Stand-up paddle boarding, wind surfing, sailing, kayaking, snorkelling
7. Takapuna’s famous Sunday Market
8. Live theatre, music, arts, culture and heritage
9. Yoga, massage, reflexology, exercise classes and Pilates
10. Pack a picnic